Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer leaks
Ron Seifried | On 22, Oct 2014Blame it Hydra. Six days before the announced premiere for the Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel Entertainment got a bit of a surprise. The official 2:17 teaser trailer leaked online, and despite a valiant effort to pull down the clip, Marvel waived the white flag and officially posted it on their YouTube channel. Check out the trailer here or on our YouTube channel
After the trailer leaked out, Marvel went into action and tweeted their suspicions on the perpetrator.
Breakdown of the trailer:
- Dark in tone, no humor and inter-team turmoil is the theme of the trailer. Makes one guess there will not be a trip to Shawarma’s this time around.
- Technological villain Ultron (James Spader) is made up of discarded Iron Man pieces, another hint that the actions of Mr. Stark brings about this latest confrontation.
- The evil that takes place may be caused by Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr). As Tony says, “It’s the end. The end of the path I started us on.” Then there is Thor (Chris Hemsworth) going for Tony’s neck ala Darth Vader and Iron Man’s Hulkbuster going up against the Hulk; hese brief glimpses may lead us to the Civil War plot line rumored for Captain America 3 (2016), when Cap goes up against Iron Man.
- Dr. Bruce Banner/Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) is not having a good day, curling up in the fetal position under a blanket and crawling in the snow to big showdown with the Iron Man Hulkbuster suit. We also see the Hulk’s big green hand slowly go toward Black Widow’s (Scarlett Johansson) face as if it either to peacefully calm her down or forcefully shut her up. Beauty and the Beast could be the one romantic tension in the Avengers dysfunctional family. Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) makes an appearance in the snowy wastelands of Banner’s cold outing.
- The first shots of Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) and Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson), with Quicksilver the only superhero shown to go up against Ultron, makes us wonder if the two newcomers are once enemies of the Avengers who crossover to the good guys camp. The two were briefly introduced at the end credits sequence from Captain America: The Winter Soldier as twins, Wanda and Pietro Maximoff.
- We also get a shot of Paul Bettany as Vision.
- “I’ve Got No Strings” from Pinocchio makes an appearance, an interesting crossover with Marvel parent company Walt Disney.
- The ballet shot-what the hell is that about? Could we finally get a peak at Black Widow’s , aka Natasha Romanoff origins?
- Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) returns from his fake death in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, in what appear to have him still in hiding.
- The indestructible Captain America shield broken in half.
Because of the premature leak, there is still a possibility Marvel may edit a second version of the trailer to premiere at the end of next week’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Otherwise, the big losers in all of this will be Marvel’s TV division which was counting on the increased viewership to boost ratings, not that it really needs it.